Rankin Dee Gay was born at McMinn County, Tennessee, son of George W. Gay. He was inducted at Fort Thomas in Kentucky on 10 July 1918. He died of pneumonia on 8 October 1918 in France.
Buried at Prospect Cemetery, Englewood, TN
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 29 March 1890
- Date of death: 8 October 1918
- County: McMinn
- Hometown: Englewood
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Unit 182, September Replacement Draft, Coast Artillery Corps, 9th Company
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Prospect Cemetery, Englewood, McMinn County, Tennessee
- Location In Memorial: Pillar IV, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Rankin D. Gay
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.