Killed in Action October 29, 1944, in Fontaine, France
Buried in Black Oak Cemetery, Oneida, TN
143rd Infantry Regiment, 36th Infantry Division, Company F
Scott County news, May 28, 1948,
Body of vetaran returned from overseas for burial.
Funeral services for Pfc. Ralphard Payne will be held at the Black Oak church next Sunday afternoon at one o’clock. Pfc. Payne is the son of Tom and Daisy Payne, who live west of Oneida. He was killed in action in Fontaine, France on November 29, 1944.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 21 March 1925
- Date of death: 29 October 1944
- County: Scott
- Hometown: Oneida
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 143rd Infantry Regiment, 36th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Black Oak Cemetery, Oneida, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Ralphard Payne
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.