Ralph Rollo Lethco was born in Virginia, the son of John William Lethco and Jeanette Trent. He married Helen Gladys Fritts in 1940. They had a one year old son Billie Harris Lethco who died in February 1944. He entered the service April 20, 1944, trained at Camp Bland in Florida and spent ten days at home in September before going overseas. He was at Fort meade in Maryland, three weeks before sailing.
Pfc Lethco died in Italy. He was initially buried at Castelfiorentino Cemetery at Castelfiorentino, Italy and reburied at the Florence American Cemetery, Via Cassia, Italy, A, 13, 24
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 19 June 1921
- Date of death: 14 April 1945
- County: Sullivan
- Hometown: Bristol
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 85th Infantry Regiment, 10th Mountain Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Florence American Cemetery, Via Cassia, Italy
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVIII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Ralph R. Lethco
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.