Ralph Jackson Gray was killed in the South Pacific. He served on the U.S.S. Prometheus and was transferred to the U.S.S. Solace for medical treatment on 20 October 1944. He died aboard two days later from multiple injuries, received in the line of duty.
- Rank: Shipfitter Third Class
- Date of birth: 21 December 1919
- Date of death: 22 October 1944
- County: Greene
- Service Branch: Navy
- Division/Assignment: U.S.S. Prometheus (AR-3)
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Pleasant Hill Methodist Cemetery, Horse Creek, Greene County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar IX, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Ralph J. Gray
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.