Private First Class Underwood was a medic with the Medical Company, 7th Cavalry Regiment, 1st Cavalry Division attached to the Heavy Mortar Company. He was Killed in Action while tending his wounded comrades in North Korea on September 22, 1951.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 24 November 1929
- Date of death: 22 September 1951
- County: Bradley
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 7th Cavalry Regiment, 1st Cavalry Division
- Conflict: Korean War
- Awards: Purple Heart, Combat Medical Badge, Korean Service Medal, United Nations Service Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Korean Presidential Unit Citation, and Republic of Korea War Service Medal
- Burial/Memorial Location: Bethel Cemetery, Bradley County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XX, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Ralph F. Underwood
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.