Ralph Edd Vise
Buried at Honolulu Memorial in Honolulu, Hawaii, on Febuary 16, 1949. He was initially buried at Saipan 4th Marine Division Cemetery, Marianas.
-Parents: Ariel Palmer Vise and Lorena Dennison Vise
-Siblings: Dorothy Mae Vise, Mildred Ruth Vise, Delbert Leroy Vise, Sarah Vise, Richard Kenneth Vise, Clyde James Vise, Jean Vise, and David Dennison Vise
-He stormed the beaches of Saipan on June 15, 1944, and participated in the three week long Battle of Saipan. He died while fighting in this battle.
His brother, Delbert L. Vise, was on board a naval ship as Chief of Radar defending Saipan when Ralph was fighting on land. Ralph and Delbert spent time together in Honolulu right before both were deployed to the Pacific. The pictures of them laughing and enjoying each other’s company are priceless!
-Submitted by Sharon Vise Leynes, niece
- Rank: Corporal
- Date of birth: 27 December 1921
- Date of death: 9 July 1944
- County: Knox
- Hometown: Knoxville
- Service Branch: Marine Corps
- Division/Assignment: 23rd Marines, 4th Marine Division
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Battles: Saipan
- Burial/Memorial Location: Honolulu Memorial, Honolulu, Hawaii
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XIV, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Ralph E. Vise
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.