Ralph Edward Lowe was the son of Andrew Jackson “Andy” Lowe and Bonnie Morgan. He married Bessie Lee Whitehead on 3 July 1943 and was the father of Patricia Ann Lowe.
Corporal Lowe was a veteran of World War II. In Korea, he was a member of the 82nd Ordnance Heavy Maintenance Company, U.S. Army. He suffered a myocardial infarction and was evacuated to the Swedish Red Cross Hospital at Pusan, South Korea where he died.
The Daily Gazette and Mail, Morristown, March 18, 1951
Cpl. Ralph E. Lowe, 28, son of Mr. and Mrs. Andy Lowe, 102 South Jackson street, who lost his life in the Korean theatre of war on March 9th. Cpl. Lowe had been in the army since 1940 when he enlisted during World War II. He re-enlisted in 1946 and left for Korea last September after spending three years at Aberdeen, Md. He had been twice wounded during World War II in which hes pent 26 months overseas. Surviving are his wife and one daughter, age 3, his parents, two brothers and one sister.
The VFW Post 5266 Auditorium in Morristown, TN is named in his honor.
- Rank: Corporal
- Date of birth: 23 April 1923
- Date of death: 9 March 1951
- County: Hamblen
- Hometown: Morristown
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 82nd Ordnance Heavy Maintenance Company
- Conflict: Korean War
- Awards: Purple Heart, Good Conduct Medal, European-Africa-Middle Eastern Campaign Medal, World War II Victory Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Korean Service Medal, United Nations Service Medal, Republic of Korea Presidential Unit Citation, Republic of Korea War Service Medal
- Burial/Memorial Location: Jarnagin Cemetery, Morristown, Hamblen County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XX, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Ralph E. Lowe
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.