Ralph Edwin Graves
Born 15 March 1913, Maynardville, TN
Enlisted 21 July 1943 in Fort Oglethorpe, GA
Died non Battle 13 January 1945 at Nashville, Davidson County, Tennesse
119th Infantry, Company M
Ralph Graves was the son of Maynard Gipson (Jim) Graves and Nellie Mae Archer, husband of Laura Ramsey Graves. He is buried at Pleasant View Cemetery, Maynardville, Union County, Tennessee.
The Knoxville Journal, Jan. 16, 1945
Pfc. Ralph E. Graves of 2012 Washington Avenue, died at U.S. Thayer General Hospital, Nasville, at 11 p.m. Saturday. He was wounded Oct. 3, 1944 in action with the U.S. Army in Germany, and returned to the United States four weeks ago. He was serving with U.S. Infantry, Third Division and had been decorated with the Purple heart.
Survivors: wife, Mrs. Laura Ramsey Graves, Knoxville; father and stepmother, Mr. and Mrs. M.G. Graves, Maynardville; sister, Mrs. Edward Johnson, Maynardville; brothers, Earl and Roy, Maynardville. The body will arrive in Knoxville at 6:40 a.m. Tuesday over Southern Railway and will be taken to the home at 10 a.m.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 15 March 1913
- Date of death: 13 January 1945
- County: Knox
- Hometown: Maynardville
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 119th Infantry Regiment
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Pleasant View Cemetery, Maynardville, Union County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VIII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Ralph E. Graves
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.