Ralph Ernest Boles was born in Knoxville, TN, son of William L. Boles. He enlisted in Knoxville on 26 June 1916.
Cpl Boles died of wounds received in action in France and initially buried at the British Military Cemetery, Tincourt Boucly, Somme, France.
- Rank: Corporal
- Date of birth: 26 November 1894
- Date of death: 7 October 1918
- County: Knox
- Hometown: Fountain City
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Headquarters Company, 117th Infantry Regiment, 30th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Battles: Hindenburg Line, Bellicourt area
- Burial/Memorial Location: Knoxville National Cemetery, Knoxville, Knox County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar IV, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Ralph E. Boles
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.