Private R.L. Renfro was Killed in Action in the European Theater.
Born 18 April 1923
Died 26 July 1944 in Germany
23rd Infantry Regiment, 2nd Infantry Division, Company I
The Knoxville Journal, August 26, 1944
Pvt R.L. Rengro, husband of Mrs. Nina Tate Renfro, Lenoir City, Route 1, was killed in action in France July 26, according to a message received Thursday. He is the son of Mrs. Ada Renfro, Kingston. Private Renfro, who was in the infantry entered the service in February, 1943, and was overseas ten months. He has three brothers in service. They are John and James renfro, Army Air Corps, stationed in a northern camp and Jack Renfro with the infantry somewhere in Italy.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 18 April 1923
- Date of death: 26 July 1944
- County: Roane
- Hometown: Kingston
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 23rd Infantry Regiment, 2nd Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Bethel Cemetery, Kingston, Roane County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor R. L. Renfro
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.