Porter Wilson Taylor
Corporal Taylor was a veteran of World War II. In Korea, he was a member of the 21st Infantry Regiment, 24th Infantry Division. He was seriously wounded by the enemy near Pohang-dong, South Korea on September 2, 1950 and died of those wounds later that day.
The Daily Gazette and Mail, Morristown, September 28, 1950
Cpl. Porter W. Taylor, age 23, died in Korea of wounds, Sept. 2. Corp. Taylor, was the son of Mr. and Mrs Olbert Taylor of West 7th North Street this city. Corp. Taylor had one brother, George and two sisters, Margaret and Rose Mary. He entered the army in 1945 and received his training at McPherson Field, Ga. Corp. Taylor was a lifelong member of the Christian Church.
- Rank: Corporal
- Date of birth: 11 March 1927
- Date of death: 2 September 1950
- County: Hamblen
- Hometown: Morristown
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 24th Infantry Division
- Conflict: Korean War
- Awards: Purple Heart, Combat Infantrymans Badge, Korean Service Medal, United Nations Service Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Korean Presidential Unit Citation, Republic of Korea War Service Medal, and World War II Victory Medal
- Burial/Memorial Location: Jaranigan Cemetery, Morristown, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XX, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Porter W. Taylor
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.