Pvt. Riley H. Poole was born on 10 September 1916 to John R. Poole and Clara J. Fox. He entered the service on 12 September 1942 at Fort Oglethorpe in Georgia and served as a Private with Company I, 9th Infantry Regiment when he died on March 1st, 1943.
The Dayton Herald, March 4, 1943:
Pvt. Riley H. Poole, 27, died Tuesday in Iron River, Mich. A son of Mr. and Mrs. John Poole of Sale Creek. Besides his father and mother he is survived by five brothers, Earl, Arch, Ed, Woodrow and Creed; two sisters, Mrs. Willie Higdon and Miss Clara Poole; and his maternal grandmother, Mrs. Richard Fox, all of Sale Creek.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 10 September 1916
- Date of death: 1 March 1943
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Sale Creek
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: Company I, 9th Infantry Regiment
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Sale Creek Cemetery, Tennessee
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XI, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Riley H. Poole
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.