Ples J. Solomon was born in 1921 to Ples Joseph Solomon and Gertrude Rouse.
Enlisted on October 7, 1942, in Fort Oglethorpe, GA
469th Anti-Aircraft Automatic Weapons Battalion
Buried in Manila American Cemetery in Fort Bonifacio, Manila, Philippines, L, 15, 48
Married to Lola B. Solomon
The Knoxville News-Sentinel, May 18, 1944
Pvt. Ples J. Solomon, husband of Mrs. Lola B. Solomon, 1112 Euclid Avenue, has been killed in action in the Southwest Pacific area. Mrs. Solomon said the last time she heard from her husband he was in New Guinea. He was serving in the artillery, had been in the Army for 17 months and overseas fors even months. Before entering service, Pvt. Solomon was employed by Dempster Brothers.
- Rank: Private
- Date of death: 24 April 1944
- County: Knox
- Hometown: Knoxville
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 469th Anti-Aircraft Arty (Automatic Weapons) Battalion
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Manila American Cemetery, Fort Bonifacio, Manila, Philippines
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XIV, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Ples J. Solomon
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.