Pleas Russell, also listed as Ples Burley in state records, was born in Picking County, Georgia. He died at the age of 18.
Company B, 117th Infantry Regiment, 30th Division
He was killed in action on 8 October 1918 and is buried plot A, row 17, grave 5, at Somme American Cemetery, Bony, France.
Private Russell was the son of George and Charlotte Russell. He was the brother of Linda A. Russell, Olvie Russell, Raymond Russell, and Flossie Russell.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 2 May 1902
- Date of death: 8 October 1918
- County: Blount
- Hometown: Maryville
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company B, 117th Infantry Regiment, 30th Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Somme American Cemetery, Bony, France
- Location In Memorial: Pillar II, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Pleas Russell
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.