Thomas H. Phillips was born on 3 October 1917 in Grainger County, Tennessee to Dedrick Elmore Phillips and Nancy Jane Pierce. He died due to a gun shot through the heart at a public park in Nashville, Davidson County, Tennessee. He is buried at Shiloh Cemetery, Grainger County, Tennessee.
The Knoxville Journal, December 25, 1943:
Pvt. Thomas H. Phillips, 25, 1205 Brown Avenue, died at Nashville, Wednesday. Funeral Sunday at the Shiloh Methodist Church, Grainger County. Interment Church Cemetery. The body is at the home of his sister, Mrs. Clarence Kelly, 1103 Brown Avenue, Knoxville.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 13 October 1917
- Date of death: 22 December 1943
- County: Grainger
- Hometown: Knoxville
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Shiloh Cemetery, Grainger County
- Contact us to sponsor Thomas H. Phillips
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.