Phillip Edward Minton was born in Knoxville, TN. He died at Quang Nam in Vietnam.
Phillip, the son of T.C. and Josephine B. Minton of Clinton TN, enlisted in the US Marine Corps on July 27, 1967 in Knoxville, TN. He arrived in Vietnam on July 1, 1968, and was assigned to Company B, 1st Battalion, 7th Marines, 1st MARDIV (Rein) FMF.
Enemy snipers fired several rounds at a Marine patrol near the Truong village complex south of Hill 37. Cpl Minton was hit and killed by one of the missiles.
- Rank: Corporal
- Date of birth: 21 October 1948
- Date of death: 18 February 1969
- County: Anderson
- Hometown: Oak Ridge
- Service Branch: Marine Corps
- Division/Assignment: 7th Marines, 1st Marine Division
- Conflict: Vietnam
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Oak Ridge Memorial Park, Oak Ridge, Anderson County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XXII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Phillip E. Minton
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.