Philip Howard was born at Peavine, Tennessee, son of William Thomas and Ellen Howard. He enlisted at Crossville, Tennessee on 23 June 1917. Pvt Howard died of wounds received in action at the age of 19 on 4 October 1918, attacking the Hindenburg Line.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 25 April 1898
- Date of death: 4 October 1918
- County: Cumberland
- Hometown: Peavine
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company G, 119th Infantry Regiment, 30th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Battles: Hindenburg Line
- Burial/Memorial Location: Peavine Cemetery, Cumberland County, Tennessee
- Location In Memorial: Pillar II, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Philip Howard
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.