Perry Cunningham enlisted in the army at Fort Oglethorpe as a private on December 8, 1942. He had been awarded the Purple Heart for wounds received in action February 1 but had recovered and gone back into combat. He died while in service in Germany. He is buried in Woodlawn Cemetery, Knoxville, TN.
He was the son of Oscar Edward Cunningham and Margaret Jan McCammon of Knoxville. He was married to Rosalee Reed.
- Rank: Staff Sergeant
- Date of birth: 30 April 1918
- Date of death: 26 February 1945
- County: Knox
- Hometown: Knoxville
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 376th Infantry Regiment, 94th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Woodlawn Cemetery, Knoxville, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VIII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Perry E. Cunningham
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.