Private First Class Paul U. Brewer was born on October 8, 1924. He served in Company A, 349th Infantry. He died of wounds in Italy on March 25, 1945. He is buried in Knoxville National Cemetery (Section B, Plot 659, Row 41).
The Knoxville Journal, February 27, 1949
Pfc. Paul U. Brewer, age 20, of 404 West Virginia Avenue, was killed in action in Northern Italy, March 26, 1945. Entered U.S. Army, Feb. 9, 1943, serving in Company A, 349th Infantry, 88th Division. He attended Lonsdale Church of God and Sunday School, also attended Rule High School and was an employe of Southern Extract Co. Survivors parents, Mr. and Mrs. Thomas H. Brewer; brothers, Murphy and Paris; sister, Mrs. Opal Fugate, Mrs. Minnie Harrison, all of Knoxville, Mrs. Lela Bowling, Halls Cross Roads.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 8 October 1924
- Date of death: 26 March 1945
- County: Knox
- Hometown: Knoxville
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 349th Infantry Regiment, 88th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Knoxville National Cemetery, Knoxville, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XIV, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Paul U. Brewer
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.