Private Paul Turner was Killed in Action in France
2nd Division, 38th Infantry, Company B
“Memorial Service For Paul Turner, son of Mrs. Retha Turner, of Chattanooga, will be held at the First Baptist Church on Sunday afternoon at 2 o’clock. Young Turner, who was killed in France on July 26, is the first boy from the church to be killed in this conflict. The church choir will have charge of the music and the pastor will bring a brief message.”
–The Rockwood Times, Thursday, 28 Sep 1944, Vol. 64, Nov. 40.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 18 February 1917
- Date of death: 26 July 1944
- County: Roane
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 38th Infantry Regiment, 2nd Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Oak Grove Cemetery, Rockwood, Roane County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Paul S. Turner
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.