Private First Class Paul Nolan De Vries was a member of Weapons Company, 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines, 1st Marine Division. He was killed in action while fighting the enemy in Korea.
The Chattanooga Daily Times, May 10, 1951
Marine Pfc. Paul N. DeVries of Hixson was killed in action recently in Korea, the Department of Defense announce yesterday. Next of kin had been previously notified by the department. Pfc. DeVries, son of Mr. and Mrs. G.N. DeVries, was reported wounded in action early in April. He had been in the thick of the fighting since Dec. 5, his family was informed.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 14 November 1931
- Date of death: 25 April 1951
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Hixson
- Service Branch: Marine Corps
- Division/Assignment: 1st Marines, 1st Marine Division
- Conflict: Korean War
- Awards: Purple Heart, Combat Action Ribbon, Korean Service Medal, United Nations Service Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Korean Presidential Unit Citation, and Republic of Korea War Service Medal
- Burial/Memorial Location: Chattanooga National Cemetery, Chattanooga, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XX, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Paul N. DeVries
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.