Aircraft with serial number 42-5060 (JJ-Q), was on a mission to Emden, Germany and was shot down on the return trip over the North Sea. All crewmembers are still Missing In Action and memorialized at Cambridge American Cemetery, England.
Capt William K. Davidson
2nd Lt James W. Bryant
2nd Lt John H. Kinsey Jr.
2nd Lt Charles W. McMehen
S/Sgt Paul E. Heatherly
S/Sgt Jack C. Hickman
S/Sgt Robert L. McKnight
S/Sgt LeRoy J. Moyer
S/Sgt Charles Peterson
S/Sgt Kermit R. Plaskett
- Rank: Staff Sergeant
- Date of death: 4 February 1943
- County: Campbell
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 365th Bomber Squadron, 305th Bomber Group, Heavy
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Air Medal, Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Cambridge American Cemetery, Cambridge, England
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VII, Top Panel
- Sponsored by: Fred Lay
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.