Private Paul Bascom Fields, US Army, was assigned to the 415th Infantry Regiment of the 104th Infantry Division. In March 1945 the 104th was defending the West bank of the Rhine River. On the 22nd of March 1945 the Division crossed the Rhine River at Honnef, and attacked to the east of Remagen.
Private Fields was killed in action on 24th of March 1945. He was interred at F,7,62 Henri-Chapelle American Cemetery, Belgium. Awards include the Purple Heart.
He was born in 1921.
“Would like to have more information on my father.paul bascom fields. Service #34490489 , 415th infantry regiment,104th infantry. He died in action as a unknown soldier. Buried at Henri-chapelle, Belgium. Award Purple Heart, March 1945, one year after I was born. Any information on whereabouts of his family as I have no idea where to start. It’s a long story. My mother never recovered from his death. I was raised by foster parents. I am now wanting to know as much as I can about my father. Thank you so much. Sincerely , rebecca Yvonne bunton 509-999-2114”
- Rank: Private
- Date of death: 24 March 1945
- County: Sullivan
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 415th Infantry Regiment, 104th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Henri-Chapelle American Cemetery, Henri-Chapelle, Belgium
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVIII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Paul B. Fields
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.