Private Otis Sharp was born in May 1891. He was the son of James A. and Martha J. Sharp. He was the brother of Walter Sharp, Strand Sharp, Mable Sharp, Nellie Sharp, Mattie Sharp, and Dee Sharp. During World War I, he served in Company F, 6th Infantry. He was killed in action on October 14, 1918.
Pvt Sharp was initially buried at Romagne-sous-Montfaucon, Meuse, France. He is buried at Knoxville National Cemetery (Section B, Site 3702).
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 19 August 1892
- Date of death: 14 October 1918
- County: Anderson
- Hometown: Briceville
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company F, 6th Infantry Regiment, 5th Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Battles: St. Mihiel, Meuse-Argonne
- Burial/Memorial Location: Knoxville National Cemetery, Knoxville, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar II, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Otis Sharp
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.