Oscar Huey was born May 2, 1915 in Cherokee, North Carolina.
Oscar enlisted in the US Army on September 19, 1941 at Fort Oglethorpe, Georgia. He had enlisted for three years and was listed as a lumberman and divorced with dependents.
Private First Class Huey was killed in action on July 19, 1944 in New Guinea.
He is buried at New Providence Cemetery, Tellico Plains, Tennessee.
Funeral services were held on July 2, in Tellico Plains for Pfc. Oscar Huey, who was wounded in action and died in New Guinea on July 19, 1944. He was 29. He entered the Army on June 28, 1941. Survivors include his mother, Mrs. Birdie Sylvester, stepfather, Frank Sylvester, one brother, Tom Huey, five half-brothers, and three half-sisters.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 2 May 1915
- Date of death: 19 July 1944
- County: Monroe
- Hometown: Cherokee, NC
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: New Providence Cemetery, Tellico Plains, Monroe County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVI, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Oscar J. Huey