Oscar Hampton was born 5 December 1890 in Rockwood, Tennessee to James Washington Hampton and Rebecca C. Kirkland. He was gassed in October 1918, was send to hospital and died 29 October 1918 in France.
PFC Hampton was initially buried at Hospice Military Cemetery, Dury, Somme, France. He is buried at the Chattanooga National Cemetery, S, 14120.
Private First Class
119th Infantry Regiment, 30th Division, Headquarters Company
The picture of PFC Hampton is from the Chattanooga Sunday Times Memorial Supplement, May 25, 1919.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 5 December 1890
- Date of death: 29 October 1918
- County: Roane
- Hometown: Rockwood
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Headquarters Company, 119th Infantry Regiment, 30th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Chattanooga National Cemetery, Chattanooga, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar V, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Oscar Hampton
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.