Born 24 January 1929
Private First Class Filyaw was a medic with the Medical Company, 180th Infantry Regiment, 45th Infantry Division. He was Killed in Action while tending his wounded comrades in North Korea.
Buried at Knoxville National Cemetery, B, 6318
- Rank: Corporal
- Date of birth: 24 January 1929
- Date of death: 15 July 1953
- County: Campbell
- Hometown: Caryville
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 180th Infantry Regiment, 45th Infantry Division
- Conflict: Korean War
- Awards: Purple Heart, Combat Medical Badge, Korean Service Medal, United Nations Service Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Korean Presidential Unit Citation, and Republic of Korea War Service Medal
- Burial/Memorial Location: Knoxville National Cemetery, Knoxville, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XX, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Oscar Filyaw
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.