Seaman 2nd Class Osborne Lindsay Corville was born in March 1895, and was originally from Chattanooga, Tennessee. He was the son of O.C. and Eleanor Colville, and the brother of siblings Leonard, Elmore, and Hugh. He enlisted in the United States Navy for service in World War I on April 27, 1917 in Nashville, Tennessee. Prior to leaving for Europe, he was stationed in New York where he suffered from a bout of gastric illness, and passed away on February 24, 1918.
- Rank: Seaman Second Class
- Date of birth: 15 August 1900
- Date of death: 24 February 1918
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Chattanooga
- Service Branch: Navy
- Division/Assignment: Supply Ship U.S.S. Bridge
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Chattanooga Memorial Park, Chattanooga, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar III, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Osborne L. Colville
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.