Private First Class Orville Lee Cox was assigned to the 30th Infantry Regiment, 3rd Infantry Division. The 30th Division had been holding defensive positions for two months when it again began advancing on the 23rd January 1945 to take part in the clearing out of the Colmar Pocket.
PFC Cox was killed in action on 25 January 1945 and was interred at the Epinal American Cemetery, Epinal, France, located at A,30,14.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of death: 25 January 1945
- County: Sullivan
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 30th Infantry Regiment, 3rd Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Epinal American Cemetery, Epinal (Vosges), France
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVIII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Orville L. Cox
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.