Orville Emanuel Lewis was born 19 February 1896, son of William Hamilton Lewis and Margaret Ellen Anderson.
Captain Lewis died of wounds received in battle, 20 July 1918, an infantryman of the regular Army. He was wounded in the Marne Battle. He is buried at Ritchie Cemetery, Elizabethton, Carter County, Tennessee.
- Rank: Captain
- Date of birth: 19 February 1896
- Date of death: 20 July 1918
- County: Carter
- Hometown: Carter
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company I, 16th Infantry
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Battles: Aisne-Marne
- Burial/Memorial Location: Ritchie Cemetery, Elizabethton, Carter County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar II, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Orville E. Lewis
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.