Omide Theodore “Ted” Williams was born 8 February 1920 to Roscoe Williams and Della Breeden.
He died non Battle 31 July 1943
Coast Artillery Corps
The Newport Times, March 10, 1948
The body of Pvt. Omide Williams will arrive in Newport tonight (Monday) and will be accompanied by a military escort, according to reports from the Brown Funeral Home, who will be in charge. Pvt. Williams entered the Army in October, 1941 and went overseas in January of 1942. He was wounded in the latter part of that year and died November 2, 1942 on Guadacanal.
He is survived by his parents, Mr. and Mrs. Roscoe Williams of the Sunset Gap community; one sister, Mrs. Gordon Crawley of Cleveland, Ohio; two brothers, Floyd of Newport, route 1 and James of Cosby.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 8 February 1920
- Date of death: 31 July 1943
- County: Sevier
- Hometown: Cosby
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: Coast Artillery Corps
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Wilson Cemetery, Newport, Sevier County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVII, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Omide T. Williams
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.