Oliver Miller enlisted in the U.S. Army July 17, 1917. As a member of Battery C, 114th Field Artillery, 30th Division, received his military training at Camp Sevier, SC. Embarked for France on May 26, 1918, and was engaged with his battery in the battles of Toul, St-Mihiel, Meuse-Argonne, and Woevre. Died from meningitis February 9, 1919 at LeVal. France.
Born in Knoxville, Tennessee. He died at the age of 22.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 6 October 1894
- Date of death: 9 February 1919
- County: Knox
- Hometown: Knoxville
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Bettery C, 114th Field Artillery, 30th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Battles: Toul, St. Mihiel, Meuse-Argonne, Wouvre
- Burial/Memorial Location: Bells Campground Cemetery, Powell, Knox County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar IV, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Oliver Miller
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.