Noah Burdett Roberts was born on 30 June 1922 to James Samuel Roberts and Louise “Lucy” Burdett.
Killed in Action 25 June 1944
Buried at Hensley Cemetery, Hamilton County, TN
Private First Class
361st Infantry, Company E
The Chattanooga Daily Times, 18 August 1944
Listed as killed in action was Pfc. Noah Burdett Roberts, 22, son of Mr. and Mrs. Sam Roberts, Hixson, Route 1. Pfc. Robert was previously reported missing in action in Italy since June 25, was listed as killed in action on the same date, the War Department notified his parents. He was the husband of the former Miss Artie Smith of Soddy and was a graduate of Soddy-Daisy High School. He was formerly employed at the Dixie Mercerizing Company, Lupton City, prior to entering the army in November, 1942. He went overseas in April, 1944. Pfc. Roberts is survived by his wife and parents; one brother, Reed Roberts, Soddy; one sister, Miss Louise Roberts; one niece, Elizabeth Ann Roberts, and one nephew, Rex Roberts, all of Soddy. His brother Reed leaves for army duty next week, relatives said.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 30 June 1922
- Date of death: 25 June 1944
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Hixson
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 361st Infantry
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Hensley Cemetery, Hixson, Hamilton County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar X, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Noah B. Roberts
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.