William Grover Neely Jr. was born in Knoxville, TN to William Grover Neely and Buena Vista Amanns. He was killed in action April 11, 1945 in Germany. He was first reported missing in action, after two years of service, during which he spent a year overseas.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 10 October 1917
- Date of death: 11 April 1945
- County: Knox
- Hometown: Knoxville
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 331st Infantry, 83rd Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: New Gray Cemetery, Knoxville, Knox County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XIV, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor William G. Neely Jr.
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.