Born 1 December 1913
Killed in Action 19 June 1944 in France
Buried at Wallace Cemetery, Rogersville, TN
116th Infantry Regiment
The Knoxville Journal, September 7, 1944
Pvt. Neal D. Thomas, 30, son of Mr. and Mrs. R.L. Thomas of Route 2, Surgoinsville, was killed in action in France, June 19, according to a notice received by his parents from the war Department. Private Thomas had been in the service since September 28, 1943, and sailed for England last February. Survivors include brothers, Sgt. Jay C. Thomas, somewhere in Ireland, and Pfc. Charlie D. Thomas, somewhere in France.
Rogersvilel Journal, February 22, 1945
3 Thomas brothers, sons of Mr. and Mrs. R.L. Thomas of Surgoinsville, Route two.
Pvt. Neal D. Thomas entered service Sept. 28, 1943 and sailed for overseas March 1944. He was in England and later sent to France where he was killed June 19, 1944.
Sgt. Jay C. Thomas sailed March 1944 for England and had been in Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Pvt. Charlie D. Thomas sailed in September 1943 for England and then to France.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 1 December 1913
- Date of death: 19 June 1944
- County: Greene
- Hometown: Surgoinsville
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 116th Infantry Regiment, 29th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Wallace Cemetery, Rogersville, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar IX, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Neal D. Thomas
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.