Private Nathan Brewer was born in 1897 in Monroe County, Tennessee, to parents Robert and Jane Brewer. His siblings included sisters Maude, Susan, Rose, and Ella. Brewer spent his formative years in Monroe County where his father was a farmer, prior to moving to Hamilton County in his youth. He served his country in the Marine Corps, 5th Regiment, 2nd Division, and fought in World War I. Pvt. Brewer died of wounds received in combat on December 1, 1918. He is buried in plot B, row 6, grave 20, at Aisne-Marne American Cemetery at Belleau, Lorraine Region, France.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 18 January 1897
- Date of death: 1 December 1918
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Chattanooga
- Service Branch: Marine Corps
- Division/Assignment: 5th USMC Regiment, 2nd Division
- Conflict: World War I
- Battles: Meuse-Argonne
- Burial/Memorial Location: Aisne-Marne American Cemetery, Belleau, France
- Location In Memorial: Pillar III, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Nathan Brewer
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.