Murphy John Myers was the son of Stephen M. Myers and Martha Jane King. He served with Company E, 49th Infantry. He was first reported missing but later hospitalized on October 30 at Le Mans, France, where he died of lobar pneumonia on November 30. He was initially buried at cemetery 419, grave no. 109.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 28 June 1886
- Date of death: 30 November 1918
- County: Blount
- Hometown: Townsend
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company E, 49th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Tuckaleechee United Methodist Church Cemetery, Blount County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar II, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Murphy J. Myers
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.