Milton Gross was born in Tennessee in 1917, the son of James Matterson Gross and Dollie Jane Heard.
Corporal Milton Gross #14012052 US Army was assigned to the 58th Armored Field Artillery Battalion.
Died of wounds on the 28th of July 1944. He is interred at the Normandy American Cemetery, G,10,17, Colleville-sur-Mer France.
Awards include the Purple Heart.
The Chattanooga Daily Times, 31 August 1944
Listed killed in action was Cpl. Milton Gross, son of Mr. and Mrs. Jim Gross of Soddy, Tenn. Cpl. Gross, first reported wounded in action, was later listed as killed in action in France on July 28, the War Department informed his parents. He entered the army four years ago, and had been overseas two years. He is survived by his parents; three brothers, Omer Gross, in service in China; Acie Gross, now on furlough from Camp Buther, N.C. and Corbett of Soddy; one sister, Jimmie Gross of Soddy.
- Rank: Corporal
- Date of death: 28 July 1944
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Soddy
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 58th Armored Field Artillery Battalion
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Battles: Normandy Campaign
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Normandy American Cemetery, Colleville-sur-Mer, France
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XI, Top Panel
- Sponsored by: Charles E Smith
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.