Milford Clayton Martin
Missing in action since 1 February 1943 as a result of action against the enemy.
Officially declared dead on 2 February 1944.
He served on the U.S.S. Dehaven. The Dehaven was sunk by Japanese dive bombers off the Solomons in February 1, 1943.
Memorialized at Manila American Cemetery in Fort Bonifacio, Manila, Philippines
Served aboard the USS Lexington beginning in 1940
Mother: Mrs. Rebecca Roulet, 227 Jackson Avenue, Fountain City, Knoxville
- Rank: Watertender Second Class
- Date of birth: 13 November 1918
- Date of death: 1 February 1943
- County: Knox
- Hometown: Knoxville
- Service Branch: Navy
- Division/Assignment: USS Dehaven (DD-496)
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Manila American Cemetery, Fort Bonifacio, Manila, Philippines
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XIV, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Milford C. Martin
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.