Milburn Roosevelt Light was born 7 July 1925 to Orgie Light and Creasie Ellen Cavin.
Died 21 December 1944
Buried at Bowser Cemetery, Church Hill, Hawkins County, TN
Private First Class
39th Armored Infantry Regiment, 77th Armored Division, Company A
Rogersville Review, April 12, 1945
Pfc. Melburn R. Light, age 19, entered service November 10, 1943 and went overseas in August, 1944. In December he was reported missing and later word was received that he was killed in Belgium on December 21st.
He had two other brothers in the service, Pfc. Reese S. Light in France and Pvt Chester R. Light at Camp Maxey, Texas.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 7 July 1925
- Date of death: 21 December 1944
- County: Sullivan
- Hometown: Church Hill
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 39th Armored Infantry, 77th Armored Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Bowser Cemetery, Church Hill, Hawkins County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVIII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Milburn R. Light
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.