Private First Class Milbern Melton was born on May 26, 1895 in Andersonville, Tennessee. He was the son of James Melton and Mary Jane Hatmaker Melon. He was the brother of Rubie Melton, Delia Melton, Kelly Melton, Joe Zee Melton, Bertha Melton, and Alvin L. Melton. Prior to joining the military, he was employed as a farm laborer. During his service in World War I, he served with Company C, 117th Infantry Regiment, 30th Division. He died of wounds on October 12, 1918. He is buried at Somme American Cemetery in Bony, France (Plot C, Row 6, Grave 9).
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 26 May 1895
- Date of death: 12 October 1918
- County: Anderson
- Hometown: Andersonville
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company C, 117th Infantry Regiment, 30th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Battles: Hindenburg Line
- Burial/Memorial Location: Somme American Cemetery, Bony, France
- Location In Memorial: Pillar II, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Milbern Melton
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.