Born 19 March 1922, Tennessee
Died non Battle 22 September 1941, McDowell County, North Carolina
Pvt Robinette enlisted on 19 September 1940 at Charlotte, North Carolina. He is buried at Crawford Memorial Cemetery, AEC #7, Roane County, Tennessee.
The Kingsport Times, 23 September 1941
Soldiers killed in wreck of car.
Newport, Tenn., – Two soldiers were killed outright and another injured seriously Monday afternoon when a car in which they were riding plunged 200 feet down a mountain side from the Knoxville-Asheville highway.
The dead were identified as Mike Robinette, 24 of Wheat, Tenn., and Ralph Ingle of Vero Beach, Fla. Jay Walter Teague of Asheville was injured. The men were stationed at Fort Bragg, N.C. and were en route to Robinette’s home for a short leave.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 19 March 1922
- Date of death: 22 September 1941
- County: Roane
- Hometown: Wheat
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Theater: Field Artillery
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Crawford Memorial Cemetery, AEC #7, Roane County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Mike Robinette
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.