Private First Class Michael (Micheal) Roger Baker from Oak Ridge was born on September 19, 1948. His tour in Vietnam began on November 5, 1968. He served as an infantryman with Company D, 2nd Battalion, 7th Cavalry, 1st Cavalry Division. He was killed in action in Phuoc Long, South Vietnam on December 3, 1968. He died outright from gun or small arms fire. He was only 20 years old at the time of his death. Private First Class Baker is buried in Anderson Memorial Garden Cemetery in Anderson County.
|Photo Courtesy of the VVMF, submitted by Katey Mishler|
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 19 September 1948
- Date of death: 3 December 1968
- County: Anderson
- Hometown: Oak Ridge
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: First Cavalry Division
- Conflict: Vietnam
- Burial/Memorial Location: Anderson Memorial Garden Cemetery, Anderson County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XXII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Michael R. Baker
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.