Michael Elias Amar was born January 23, 1921. He was the son of Elias M. Amar and Rose Sophia Amar of 615 West 9th Street, Chattanooga, TN. The Amar family emigrated from Turkey in 1901.
Corporal Michael Elias Amar was killed in action on August 16, 1944. He was with the United States Marine Corp, Company H. He was awarded the Silver Star for gallantry in action at Guam, Marianas Islands on July 22-23, 1944 and the Purple Heart. Corporal Amar was repatriated and buried January 25, 1949 at the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific, Honolulu, Hawaii.
Picture from the Notre Dame High School, Gold Star Men, Chattanooga, Tennessee.
- Rank: Corporal
- Date of birth: 23 January 1921
- Date of death: 16 August 1944
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Chattanooga
- Service Branch: Marine Corps
- Division/Assignment: 21st Marines, 3rd Marine Division
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart, Silver Star
- Burial/Memorial Location: Honolulu Memorial, Honolulu, Hawaii
- Location In Memorial: Pillar X, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Michael E. Amar
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.