Melvin Lane died of Wounds at Okinawa. He was the son of Margarate Lane Roberts of Route 3, Sevierville.
Memorialized at the Honolulu Memorial, HI
- Rank: Private
- Date of death: 5 April 1945
- County: Sevier
- Hometown: Sevierville
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 32nd Infantry Regiment, 7th Infantry Division
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Bronze Star, Purple Heart with Oak Leaf Cluster
- Burial/Memorial Location: Honolulu Memorial, Honolulu, Hawaii
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVII, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Melvin Lane
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.