Robert Mellons was born May 13, 1913 in Kingsport, Tennessee to William Ham Mellons and Mary Elizabeth Light. By 1940 he was living in Hagerstown, Maryland, and he entered the service on June 10, 1942 in Baltimore, Maryland. According to his WWII Draft Card he was employed at Hagerstown, MD and lived at the Hotel Costello, but his sister lived in Kingsport. He was killed in action and initially buried at St. Remy in France.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 13 May 1913
- Date of death: 15 September 1944
- County: Sullivan
- Hometown: Kingsport
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 79th Infantry Division, 313th Infantry Regiment
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Knoxville National Cemetery, Knoxville, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVIII, Bottom Panel
- Sponsored by: John B. Romeiser
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.