Maynard Lewis Nunn was born on 15 June 1918 to Lewis Taylor Nunn and Nonie Estes.
Died 10 June 1944
Private First Class
PFC Nunn was inducted in the Army on 15 January 1942 and was killed in action in the Normandy Invasion. He is buried at Campbell Cemetery, Claiborne County, Tennessee.
The Knoxville Journal, November 19, 1948
Pfc. Maynard L. Nunn, 26, died in action June 10, 1944 in France while serving in the U.S. Army. Survivors: father, L.T. Nunn, Tazewell; sisters, Mrs. George Estes, Mrs. Kermet Epperson, Tazewell; half-sister, Alice Nunn; brothers, Clayton and Glenn Nunn, Tazewell, half-brother, Tip Nunn and Ira Nunn, Tazewell; and Curtis Nunn, Maryville.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 15 June 1918
- Date of death: 10 June 1944
- County: Claiborne
- Hometown: Tazewell
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 8th Infantry
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Battles: Normandy Campaign
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Campbell Cemetery, Claiborne County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VIII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Maynard L. Nunn
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.