Born 12 December 1913
Died 28 September 1944
142nd Infantry Regiment, Company K
Private Mayford Brooks of Route 4, Knoxville, was the son of LeRoy Brooks and Nellie Brewer Brooks. He was born in Knox County on December 12, 1913.
Private Brooks was killed in action on September 28, 1944, in France.
Private Brooks was returned to the United States and was buried at Thorngrove Cemetery in the East Knoxville community on May 30, 1948.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 12 December 1913
- Date of death: 28 September 1944
- County: Knox
- Hometown: Knoxville
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 142nd Infantry Regiment, Company K
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Thorngrove Cemetery, Knoxville, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XIV, Top Panel
- Sponsored by: Sam Hardman
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.