Pfc Maxwell O. Green was returned from Grand Failly-Longuyon, France
Buried Chattanooga National Cem.
60 Armd BN, 9 Armd Div
Mr. & Mrs. Henry Green of Cleveland Route 6, formerly of Monroe County, have received word from the War Department that their son, Pfc. Maxwell Green, was killed in action on Dec. 27, 1944. Maxwell was a member of the Madisonville Methodist Church, having professed faith in Christ at the age of 16 years and lived a Christian life until the end. He was 23 years of age. He entered the service in October 1942, and had been overseas for six months.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 17 September 1920
- Date of death: 27 December 1944
- County: Monroe
- Hometown: Madisonville
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 60th Armored Battalion, 9th Armored Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Chattanooga National Cemetery, Chattanooga, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVI, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Maxwell O. Green
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.