Matthias ( also Mathias or Mathis) Miller Wagner was born 23 December 1877 in Taylorsville, Johnson County, Tenn. His parents were Joseph Hugh Wagner and Sarah Sallie Kussuth White. He married Belle Milburn in 1901. He served in the U.S. Army as a 1st Lt. and died 18 Sept 1917. He is buried in Chattanooga National Cemetery, 1200 Bailey Avenue, Chattanooga, TN. Grave location, Section U – Site 39.
Lieutenant Wagner drowned at Cape Henry, Virginia. He attended Mountain City High School and Medical School at the University of Tennessee Center of Health Sciences and Tennessee College of Medicine in Memphis.
- Rank: First Lieutenant
- Date of birth: 23 December 1877
- Date of death: 18 September 1917
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Chattanooga
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Medical Corps
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Chattanooga National Cemetery, Chattanooga, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar III, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Matthias M. Wagner
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.